Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patrick's Day!

What an eventful day it turned out to be! Yesterday morning I got up to get ready for preschool and was in alot of pain that we decided to go into the doctor! I was admitted to labor and delivery! I was having contractions 1-2 minutes apart! They were very strong and the doctor said it was a good thing I came in. They decided to give me a shot called terbutaline which slows the contractions. The shot made me very dizzy and shaky which the nurse said would happen. I have a lovely migraine still from it! After an hour when the shot wore off the contractions came back strong and every few minutes again! They checked me and I was dilated to a 2. They wanted to monitor me more and they checked me again later and wasnt dilated anymore. They asked me if I wanted to stay or go home until the pain was uncontrollable or my water broke. Of course after I new that the baby was perfectly fine and not under stress I decided I wanted the heck out of there! So now I am at home still having strong 1-2 minute contractions and just waiting for more to happen.... more pain or water to break. The doctor said that since I have kidney stones I am more likely to deliver early due to my uterus being irritable. (I didnt know that) So I am trying to get everything in place for the princess to be here! I went and bought a few things like diapers and a few preemie clothes just in case! Its exciting to think I could be holding my baby sooner than I thought but we are trying everything we can to keep her in the oven as long as possible!
Just wanted to thank my mom, dad, and Jake for helping me out while I was at the hospital being there for me and helping with Rae!
When I got home from the hospital Rae and I ate since I didnt eat anything since I woke up till about 4. Then we rested for a bit. Then we went over to my mom's house and my dad made amazing ribs and my mom made amazing roasted garlic mashed potatoes for Jake's birthday. Arailia LOVES birthdays. She loves how she gets a balloon and birthday cake. Happy birthday Jakie man cant believe my baby bother is 17!

No comments: